Friday, February 24, 2023

Breaking the Average Barrier - Visualization Strategy


 One of the questions I ask at every initial evaluation is, "Where do you look when you aim?" I then steer the conversation to how they visualize each putt. To simplify the process, I like to use a WellPutt BigTilt platform with the Well Line laser projection system. How you aim is a function of how you see visualize the putt. Basically, which line in the drawing above do you notice first. I happen to see the white curved line to the hole and the yellow start line is secondary. Many of my players are just the opposite. They see the yellow line and the curved line is secondary. Then I classify each payer into one of four categories. Are you linear or non-linear. Which line do you notice first. Then are you a specific aimer or a non-specific aimer. People who aim a line on the ball would be examples of specific aimers. Those who prefer to match alignment to start direction are more non-specific. Like all things in golf. Everyone is different. I could probably write a book on the different experiences I have had just with how players visualize their putts. The important thing is for you to figure out what works best for you and create a habit of looking at every putt the same way. 

Disclaimer - I am an affiliate for WellPutt. If you are interested in any of their products feel free to reach out to me by email and I would be glad to assist you. 

No comments: